Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful Tree

As Thanksgiving approaches, I have been working on creating memories with Savannah. We have been crafting up a storm (she and I share a passion for crafts!). Tonight we finally finished up all of our Thanksgiving crafts. I'm so happy with how everything turned out, and I think she enjoyed all the little crafts and techniques we used. I was reminded of how blessed I am, and she got to think about all the things that she is thankful (or happy) for. Here's a peak at our handiwork...

Thankful Tree! - Free twigs (thanks to a wonderful friend), a vase from a previous arrangement, dirt from our garden, and a few simple craft supplies. Our family traced our hands, cut them out, then wrote what we were thankful for on them. Savannah loved this activity because it was so hands-on (pun intended!) and I loved it because it was basically free! I think this will be a family tradition to make a Thankful Tree the week of Thanksgiving. It just reminds us of the things we should be thankful for...next year Luke can help too...when he will sit still long enough!




Give Thanks - Savannah loved painting these blocks! Honestly, one of the fastest Thanksgiving projects. It took Carl all of 10 minutes to cut 10 blocks of wood from the scrap in the garage, then Savannah and I painted them in pretty fall colors. While they dried we played with Barbies, and then I added "Give Thanks" in gold paint pen. Easy, cheap, and beautiful!



Turkeys! This project was a little bit more time intensive, but not much. We sprayed adhesive inside of two of Luke's leftover baby food jars, then added glitter, then Savannah shook them up. I quickly hot glued googly eyes and a felt nose onto the front. Then Savannah and I traced her hands on several colors of felt...and then I cut a lot of hands out. I mean a lot! I wanted a very feathery turkey! Then I just laid out the felt hands in a pretty way, hot glued them together, then glued them onto the jars. Pretty simple, and again, really cheap! I love how cute them are!



We have been busy, busy this week - but I know we are making memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment