Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Teaser!

Yesterday was such a tease. The weather was beautiful. I think I have definitely decided Spring is my favorite season. It is such a welcome sight of warm breezes, gorgeous colors, and time outdoors...such a change from the harsh winter that precedes it! Since the amazing weather was on a weekend (and the time change one at that!), Carl and I took advantage of all the extra daylight. After Luke got up from his afternoon nap we loaded up Savannah's trike and Luke's ride-on car and headed out to the Rail Trail. Luke thought the whole idea of taking a walk (without being bundled up!) and being able to "drive" his little car was just grand. He just turned the little steering wheel and honked the horn. He'd grin at everyone passing by and he especially loved it when Savannah would reach over to tap his shoulder or shake his hand. Savannah loved getting to ride her trike for a bit longer than usual. At our house we have lots of hilly terrain, so this walk she could ride a lot and not be going in circles! Halfway through the walk I snapped this photo on Carl's phone...



It was just so fun and nice to be a family. Carl and I each pushed one child with one hand, and could also hold each other's hand. It was just nice to have the four of us. It felt right. I reflected on how complete I felt. I am just so happy with our little family. I was amazed at how much fun it was to do things outside, with both kids. Last summer Luke was...difficult...to do much with. He hated the car. He couldn't crawl or walk. He didn't like hats. He just wasn't a lot of fun. This summer, I have a feeling the two kiddos will keep me busy and laughing.

After our walk, we stopped at the park. Savannah has loved to swing from the moment she first had the chance to do it. She instantly went to the swings. We tried Luke on a little slide since the baby swings were full...he didn't seem too thrilled with that idea. So he watched Savannah swing for a while...apparently over the winter she has learned how to keep her momentum by herself on the swing (how THAT happened I have no idea). She just loved it all. When a swing finally opened up for Luke, Carl sat him in and started to push him. The first few times back and forth Luke looked kind of unsteady. He hadn't ever been in a swing before! (He was too little and hated pretty much everything last summer.) After he got comfortable in the swing he just loved it. He grinned and giggled. I have a feeling there will be many hours this spring and summer with Carl and I pushing kids on the swings.

It was amazingly nice to spend time with the kids, as a family. I am really excited for the memories our family will make this year, and in the years to come. I'm content with my family and my life. I truly feel complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment