Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Can See the Light!

The light at the end of this stressed-out, busy, time-crunched semester is shining brightly! I probably will have a hard time containing myself in 48 hours...preparing for the drive to the airport...in 72 hours I will be IN Disney World!

As my semester wraps up, I look back and have a lot to be thankful for. All three of my classes turned out well. There were days that the WVU class seemed to intimidate me, but I stayed true to myself and it turns out I must have done a few things right. I've had students ask me questions outside of class, and I've been tested by the ones they ask in class. I am finally beginning to feel confident of myself in front of 70+ kids. I loved teaching at FSU...I just got to know my students so well. Today was my last meeting with my MANF class, and it was just fun to chat with them and really let them into my world a bit...I think I'm more of a person to them - not just a talking head.

It is finally time for life to slow down. (I am totally doing a happy dance right now!) After our return from Disney, life at FSU will be business as usual. No classes to prep - just the normal day in/day out. Our house (hopefully) won't need any work for a while...so basically I'll need to get the Christmas decorations packed up and stored sometime in January. When we emptied the attic of Christmas paraphernalia, I went ahead and reorganized the attic...and moved all of Savannah's outgrown clothes down to the nursery. After we re-store the Christmas stuff I will go through and sort the 5 bins of outgrown clothes. Ideally, I'd like each tub labeled by "Pink" or "Neutral" and by size. Once sorted, I'll put everything except the smallest sizes in pink and neutral, back into the attic. If we do get pregnant again I'll need to move a few things down...the bassinet...the jumper...the pack and play.

So that's where my life is headed...enjoy Christmas, take the decorations down when the weather allows, sort baby clothes....and none of that should be stressful. We have a few little trips planned for the spring. Washington D.C. (maybe for the cherry blossoms!) and an Easter trip to Alabama...and a beach trip this summer is in the works....but my main goal of spring is to become a healthy pregnant lady.

It's scary and at the same time exciting...I just pray that God's timing is on track with mine...we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment