Friday, July 22, 2011

Insomnia...

I have been such a terrible blogger recently. It isn't that I don't have anything to share...it is almost the opposite. My mind is constantly swirling with ideas for blog posts...but I have been so busy this month.

My insomnia level is insane...I lay down exhausted at night, but it literally takes at least an hour for me to fall asleep. Most of the time I'm just thinking about so many things, but sometimes I just can't get comfortable or find the right position for sleep. It is my first experience with insomnia...and I really, really hope is goes away soon.

Savannah is still all kinds of cute - she now sings for us often. When I ask her to sing for me, she instantly breaks into "The sun will come out...tomorrow!", but she often just sings her words to us. She also responds to questions with adorable answers. Carl asked her if she was a bird, and she said "No, pig!" to which he then asked, "Who calls you a pig?" eliciting a giggled response of "Mommy!".

Our little Hope isn't so little anymore either. She's pushing 40 pounds, and is improving some with her puppy classes. She has learned sit, down, stand, stay (limited), spin, shake, crawl, and come. I was impressed at class the other night when I was all the way across the room and Hope came running to me when called, even with the other dogs out to distract her. She also knows a lot of her commands by hand signal. Really, she is an intelligent dog...she is just SO incredibly hyper. I know we need to get her outside more, and that would probably solve all our problems...and now that I really, really want to walk with her, it's insanely hot! And right now, I don't do heat.

So life is moving right along this summer. The whole baby thing has eased a bit for me. Much, much less worrying. I know and trust God will walk with us down whatever path He points us to. I am excited to meet another Poland, and I hope to get that chance sometime in 2012. Now if only I could get some sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment