Monday, February 11, 2013

Sicky McSick Sick

I am so tired of winter and the germs that are inherently associated with it. I have spent most of this season convinced that I am doing something wrong as a mother since my kids are almost always trading illnesses with each other. Honestly, it has been the worst season for illness in my house - ever. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. We wash our hands so much that my hands became overly dry and I had to visit the dermatologist. I clean constantly (which makes for a very LONG day on top of working and party planning!). I feed my kids lots of healthy foods...Savannah gets vitamins every night too. She drinks lots of OJ and eats oranges almost every day. I honestly wondered why my kids seemed to be sick all the time!

I have begun to realize that this year is just a tough year. Several of my friends (in town and out of town) have kids that are sick, get better, get sick, and repeat the cycle endlessly. The weather in our area hasn't helped, but the germs are strong this year. Savannah is in school more, so more contact with other kids. We spend more time at the Play Place at the mall since it is too cold to play outside...and since we now have two kids in the house it is even harder to keep germs at bay. I really think this is just a year we will survive and have stronger immune systems on the other side. Today Savannah was supposed to have preschool, but so many kids were either sick or being held at home by parents trying to prevent illness, that school was canceled. I know her teachers spend hours cleaning the rooms and toys. The freeze out the rooms on exceptionally cold nights...they even wear masks if they are at all feeling ill and are at school.

So I'm done with winter. I'm done with illness. I want my kids to be able to get outside and use up their energy. I cannot wait for summer with Luke - he is going to keep me on my toes running everywhere!

(T-minus 19 days until Luke is one year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment