Monday, April 8, 2013

Savannah Turns 4 - Candy Party!

The past few weeks have FLOWN by. My weekends have just been nonstop chaos for the most part. The weekend of March 23/24 I had the State Science Fair and Savannah attended two birthday parties (one of which out of state). Then the next weekend was Easter...which meant lots of little things we did with the kids. We colored eggs, we made the traditional bunny cake, our church had a big Easter Egg Hunt and learning stations tied together (I ran the craft station for 60+ kids), and of course Easter Sunday church, the bunny baskets to empty, and the dinner with family. It was just insane! Then the week between Easter and Savannah's party was just chaotic too. I taught Tuesday and Thursday evenings (an FE review course with the topic of Engineering Economy) so on those days I left for work at 7:00am and arrived back to the house at 9:30pm...and those were my tabata workout days too! Wednesday night I had a United Methodist Women's meeting at 6:30, so I got home and saw the kids a bit and then headed off to that. Ideally, I would have skipped this month's meeting because of all the other craziness going on, but I'm the Vice President, which means I'm supposed to give presentations occasionally...so I needed to be there.


Needless to say, I was relieved when the weekend arrived! Friday night was just crazy party prep night...but Saturday was worth all the stress. Savannah had a beautiful day and really enjoyed her party. We missed a few of our friends (my bestest had her 3rd child that day - a new little boy to spoil!), but the day was special.



The candy decorations were fun to make - and the real candy buffet was tasty too!



Luke loved the decorations too - at least the balloons!! He was a walking balloon boy for quite a while.



The kids loved decorating cupcakes! The Wilton Topping Tornado was a big hit!



The cake! I loved the candy candles - surprisingly found them at Walmart!



Still no singing, but at least she blew out her candles!



My pretty girl on her big day (and little brother admirer too!).



Our good friend Patrick (or to my kids - Mr. Pat) got Savannah the Disney Dazzling Princess Game. Savannah adores it. After everything had calmed down, the guests were gone, Luke was in bed, Carl was running his mom home, my big girl and I were able to just enjoy time together and play. It reminds me of a game of my childhood (Pretty Pretty Princess anyone?!) and it was a ton of fun to play with her. It is also pretty adorable to see Carl playing too - he has to wear the jewelry to become a princess too!!

After all is said and done, I am so glad the party went well. But I'm also really glad the parties are over for a while. My closets can get back to normal (instead of holding party decorations and party food and just about every craft product under the sun). My evenings can be spent with the kids, and life can just be enjoyed. No more craziness until closer to Halloween again. Even though winter/early spring birthdays mean inside parties, I'm kind of glad. It gives me crafts to focus on during the cold winter months, and then during the warm spring and summer months I can just enjoy my kids. I can't wait for spring planting and dinners on the deck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment