Friday, July 13, 2012

Celebration of Birthdays

I started a tradition when Savannah was born. Each month I would buy a birthday card, write a message in it about what she was doing, how she was eating, what she liked/disliked, and just generally how much she was growing up too fast. I'd print out a picture from that age and stick it in the card...so she has 12 birthday cards for her first year. I thought it was a unique way to keep track of her development without having to find the right spots in a baby book to write down all the little things she had done that month...and it will be fun to look back at those cards as she grows up.

Of course, I am attempting to do the same things for Luke that I did for Savannah. So far I'm still keeping up with his "first year" scrapbook and all of his birthday cards. I know all too well how fast my littles are growing up!!

*Another note...Savannah used to say her name was "Suh-Sannah" or "Sa-Nanna"...the other day I came home from work and she said, "Mom, I'm SaVANah!"...and my response was "My baby is all grown up!"


No comments:

Post a Comment