Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Warp Speed Ahead...

Finally - Life is slowing down. Much to my displeasure, it isn't slowing down enough to keep Savannah a teeny baby, but it's slowing down at least enough for me to enjoy her ever-changing personality. My responsibilities at work are back to manageable, and this week is Spring Break for WVU. Of course, there are 75 tests sitting at home, waiting to be graded...but I have until Monday.

This week is filled with lots of little tasks, and big events. The car shopping mania has begun. We test drove a Hyundai Tucson, expecting to love it based on reviews, but surprisingly we weren't that impressed. There were some small issues we weren't thrilled with, and it seemed a bit small. I had a hard time imagining three car seats/boosters in the backseat. So then we decided to try the Hyundai Santa Fe. Yet another surprise - we loved it. The ride was smooth, I felt very safe, the blind spots were smaller, and the amount of space was refreshing. When in the driver's seat (but not actually driving) I looked back into the backseat and could easily imagine 3 little ones sitting back there hitting each other. Ahh - the dreams of a mom. We plan on visiting a Honda dealership tonight, and then hopefully, picking out the winner for purchase by Wednesday.

Friday is finally a wonderful day off of work! Carl and I both will be home, so I get to treat myself (after surviving the crazy month of March) to a trip to the spalon - Carl will watch Savannah for an hour Friday morning while I get styled and pampered. We also will do our grocery shopping, including food for Easter Brunch. We plan to start a family tradition we've been looking forward to for quite a while...coloring Easter Eggs! Last year, our house was Easter Egg-less since Savannah was born on Good Friday, but this year we will get to watch Savannah attempt to figure out how the eggs change color!

Saturday will be full of Easter Egg hunts! That morning we will be attending the Avery UMC egghunt, I'm really excited for her first official egghunt. Then, shortly after the egghunt we are off to Savannah's best friend's 1st birthday party! Alana will be 1 this Thursday, and her party is in PA on Saturday. We are really excited for the party too! I think it will be a lot of fun, and I'm excited to see Savannah experience a birthday party.

Sunday will be the traditional Easter. We'll go to the sunrise service, and the 8:30 service at the church, and then hopefully enjoy a yummy brunch at our house. We will probably hide a few eggs for Savannah to find at home...hopefully the grass will be dry enough that she can crawl around in search of eggs too. I think Easter is one of my favorite holidays to photograph...the spring colors are so refreshing, and the sun is supposed to be out in all its glory this weekend. I am truly excited to spend time with my family and friends this weekend!

When looking at my weekend, it makes me think I really should start grading those 75 tests...I certainly don't want to be doing that on Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment