Monday, April 5, 2010

T-Minus 5 Days!

If anyone is a fan of "Chuck" on NBC, you'll know what I'm talking about. Every time I think about the fact that in 5 days my little bundle of joy is going to turn 1 year old, I feel like the "Intersect". Instantly a rapid fire slideshow begins in my head - pictures at the hospital, pictures visiting family, Halloween, Christmas, Easter - all of her first year milestones flash before my eyes. She has grown so much in the past 360 days...all in what seems like the blink of an eye.

This weekend was our first Easter to enjoy with Savannah. Last year she was born on Good Friday, and we were released from the hospital a little after noon on Easter Sunday. What a gift the Easter Bunny brought us last year! So this Easter was our first celebrated Easter at the house. We colored Easter Eggs, and took LOTS of pictures. It was a beautiful weekend.

Five Days. That's it. I'm in major party planning mode - my to-do list is a full front and back of a sheet of notebook paper. Her birthday extravaganza is going to be at the house, so in addition to nutty party decorations and creating a three-tiered masterpiece for her cake, I will also be going nuts cleaning my house. I think I'm going to start some of that tonight, just to get out some of these party jitters. I know that between now and Saturday the house will get dirty, but I'm hoping most people will see Savannah and the decorations more than they see the mess. Not only do I have these crazy nervous jitters about the party, but I also am kind of an emotional mess too. A year ago today I still was wondering when I would meet Savannah. A year ago Wednesday I went home from work and headed to the hospital because my blood pressure was high. A year ago Friday the hospital sent me home because I wasn't dilating fast enough. Then comes Saturday...

Let's hope I survive the week of emotions and planning to reflect on my little girl's first year on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment