Monday, February 14, 2011

An Ode to My Valentine(s)

I have to admit - I hate that single people call today "Singles Awareness Day". Maybe I would feel differently if I were single...I don't know. Today is a day to honor those in your life that you love. Single people can enjoy this day just as much as those who are coupled...your Valentine can be anyone you love and appreciate. So to honor those I love...

My husband. My soul mate. My confidant. My support. Nine years ago today we began our journey. New York City will always hold a special place in our hearts. When asking that fateful question "Will you be my girlfriend?" high above the Big Apple, we didn't know what joys and sorrows awaited us. It is today that we celebrate sharing 1/3 of our lives together. Over the past nine years we have relished so many joys...

Carl's Prom



My Prom


Our Engagement


Sharing the Love through Mission Work


Our First Married Kiss


Our Honeymoon


Our First House


The Birth of Our Beautiful Miracle, Savannah


The Beginning of Many Family Vacation Memories


Amidst all of the joys we have also suffered great tragedies. Shortly before we were engaged Carl's last grandparent passed away. We both went through ups and downs in college...the stress of finding jobs in the same location...the stress of my thesis...Carl's uncle passing away in 2010...and most recently, suffering through two miscarriages in 6 months. Each sorrow brings us closer together and more appreciative of the other. If we are never blessed with another child, we will still have each other's love to keep us going. I love Carl with all of my heart...well, since April of 2009 he has had to share some of that space with my other Valentine. My little Savannah. She is truly one of the greatest joys in my life. Amidst all of the whining and temper tantrums, I love her dearly. She brings such merriment to our lives. I pray that she will always view our home as a loving and safe place to rest her head. Carl and I have enjoyed such a beautiful time together...hopefully there are many more years and joys to come our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment