Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rare Chance to Brag...

Some days I think I'm raising a monster...often that thought arises during meals. I can't blame her, really. She gets the independent stubborn streak from me...

I was telling a coworker...well, okay, I'll be honest...I was bragging to a coworker about what an angel Savannah was yesterday while out shopping...she suggested I write it down because you don't get many days like that from toddlers! So that is just what I intend to do...

We left the house in a rush yesterday...breakfast was cheerio's in a snack cup with a sippy full of milk - to go. We picked up my parents and headed to the outlets. Savannah chatted on the way up...she loves to impress her Grandpa. He was counting something and stopped at four, and Savannah looked at him and said "Five." She is quite the counter! We arrived at the outlets around 9:45am...and shopped for 2 1/2 hours...she walked around with her Minnie Mouse backpack leash (I hate to say I "leashed" my child...but she often wears that around the house and really enjoys "carrying" Minnie...plus she is safe!) She particularly liked the clothing stores and the shoe stores. I bought her a ton of clothes and shoes...and such beautiful dresses!

By 12:15 it was an hour past lunch time and we were finally headed to eat lunch. She sat in her seat at the table and colored and was so patient while we waited for her food. I brought a snack in for her, but she didn't want a snack....she just wanted to color. When her lunch did come she ate 2 chicken strips, all of her oranges, 4 crackers, and some of my french fries. No crying, no throwing...just eating and being good.

After lunch we made a quick stop at Kohl's and I found a beautiful Easter dress and a few clearance shirts for me. Savannah was in the dressing room with me while I was trying on my shirts and I would ask if she liked one and she'd say "yes" or tell me the color of it...and she just watched me or looked at herself in the mirror. I can't wait to shop with her as she gets older and starts trying things on and asking for my opinion!

We were on the road home around 2:15p and before long she was sound asleep. She was such a wonderful little girl yesterday...she survived marathon shopping, a late lunch, a late nap, yucky weather...all without a meltdown. I was so thrilled!

I know those days will be few and far between...they always are with a toddler. But when you have such a good day it's important to recognize them, write them down, and store them away for the inevitable days that life will be completely opposite. I know in the near future I'll need a little reminder that my monster can be an angel...and now I'll have that little reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment