Friday, April 15, 2011

The Baby Bug!

Yesterday a friend of mine welcomed twin girls into her family. I already have the baby bug and I haven't even held them yet! Maybe it's the spring weather, maybe it's God's push, maybe it's the new babies...whatever is causing it, I have a serious case of the Baby Bug!

For a while I had been undecided about when to approach the idea of another baby. I just wasn't sure if I could handle all the emotions surrounding a pregnancy. Today I just feel that need for another child...Hope certainly was an amazing help to get me through a rough time...but now I'm ready to welcome a human baby into our house again! (And of course, Hope will welcome another two-legged friend any day!)

Physically I am feeling 100 times better than a few months ago. I'm completely off one of the strongest medicines I had been taking. I've also almost fully switched over from Paxil to Celexa, at the request of my obgyn. My dose is also relatively low, so I'm hoping to only stay on it through the first trimester of a pregnancy, and then never look back. I'm starting up on my prenatals again tonight and I've already given up drinking (social wine drinking, etc.) due to my medicines...and I'm losing weight.

I'm not really sure where the weight loss has come in...maybe I'm eating better or I'm busy...I don't know. I'm now 11 pounds under what I weighed when I got pregnant with Savannah...which is nuts for me to think because that means I'm 30 pounds less than when I delivered Savannah...so I've lost 30 pounds in two years! On Wednesday there was a health screening at work, so I had my blood pressure and waist measurement checked as well as my blood drawn. Apparently the national average for waist size in women is 35 inches...mine was 25 inches! (I'm partial to believe I'm not small, but the national average is just large.) While losing weight does have an upside...the bad part is that I am now starting to wear my summer clothes and nothing fits! Savannah could wear my favorite jean capris with me now...so I have to buy more which is irritating because I know they won't fit long if I do get pregnant this summer...but I suppose that's a problem I shouldn't complain about.

So physically I'm on the road to readiness...and emotionally I'm becoming more excited about the idea of going through this process all over again...now I just have to trust God to lead Carl and I down a path that will ultimately lead to glorifying Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment