Friday, May 27, 2011

Selfish Me

This week has been the first week of summer work hours for me. Thanks to an amazing boss, I work from home 3 days a week...and I can pick and choose which 2 days to drive to Fairmont. I am more productive at home, and I get to see Savannah (even it is where she's sitting next to me playing little people while I type on the computer!). I've also had some time to reflect on the selfishness in me for wanting another child.

Here's my list of all my selfish the reasons I want another child...
1) I love being pregnant.
2) I really want to use the names Luke Asher or Ella Faith.
3) I want to hold a tiny child again.
4) I love the way pregnant women glow, and I want to be one of those women.
5) I love any reason to have a party/celebration/shower.
6) I need more birthday parties to plan (I've already got Savannah's 3rd and 4th in mind.)
7) I want to be the one on facebook complaining about my due date coming and going, and still no baby.
8) I want my nursery to be filled with tiny baby cries, not cat meows.
9) I want to scrapbook more (Savannah has a pregnancy book and a "1st Year" book).
10) I want to have a Mom^2 T-shirt.

Of course, with all of these selfish reasons, there are also some pretty unselfish ones. I want my family to delight in another grandbaby/child...I want Savannah to learn to grow up with a sibling...siblings have this bond that is just so amazing...I want her to have that. Savannah "mothers" all her toys right now, she would be so excited to have a baby brother or sister to help me with. I want another child to raise in the church...to teach about God and how prayer works...I want to nuture another young life. I want to raise a child that makes a difference in the world (it doesn't matter if my children make a difference to a lot of people or just one...all lives count!).

So here's hoping (and most definitely praying!) for a successful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment