Thursday, June 2, 2011

This Too Shall Pass

After a delightful long weekend, Savannah and I were cuddling before bed on Monday night. We had just read a story and said our bedtime prayer. She was pretty tuckered out (a weekend of fun with friends is always tiring for a toddler!) and was extra-cuddly. I just hugged and kissed her so many times. I kept thinking..."This Too Shall Pass". It won't be long before the cuddles and hugs and kisses are replaced by rolling eyes and loud sighs...she will be all too grown-up for the cuddly Mom stuff. Knowing this makes the desire for another child all the more stronger too...and Savannah was just adorably sweet with Baby Brynna when she visited. Often Savannah could be seen kneeling in front of the bouncer, patting Brynna on the knee...or replacing a bink...or telling her some sort of story...she has turned into a wonderful little helper. She deserves a brother or sister!

So as the days become more important to me to count, and as each cycle of trying fails, I have found a new hobby to keep my mind occupied. I attended a "Stamp Camp" with my good friend Amie recently, and I fell in love with making handmade cards. It really does occupy my mind...I wake up in the middle of the night with ideas for new cards! Below is the beginning of my card gallery...I hope to continue making cards. I'm looking into adding "Pop Up" cards to my arsenal too...anything to allow time to pass quickly between now and the next baby, but slowly to allow me to savor every moment with Savannah...







No comments:

Post a Comment