Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's the Final Countdown...

So here I sit - 34 weeks tomorrow. We are in the final countdown of the last 6 weeks or less. It's hard to believe that we are finally, finally, at this point. I've read back through a lot of my posts, and a second child has been such a desire in our household for so long...and the pain of miscarriage put such a kink in our plans and lives.

And here we are.

When I had my car accident in early January, the nurse had told us that if I went into labor at 34 weeks, they don't always stop the labor...that if it doesn't seem safe for me or baby to stop the labor, then they allow things to progress...so what does that mean really? It means we could have two children in the blink of an eye. Of course, I'd like little Luke/Ella to stay put for at least 3 more weeks...but still, 3 weeks isn't that long! I can almost see the weather forecast for three weeks from now...I could have a Valentine's Day baby (wouldn't that be special - on Carl and I's 10 year dating anniversary!)...but Leap Day isn't that far away either...it's only 5 weeks away. Carl had the second car seat installed in the car today...I can't wait to go home and see that...I think then I will burst into tears at the realization that this is really happening, we really will have two little ones to love and care for...it seems like pregnancy has flown by (but when I sit at my desk in the office it seems like time is creeping by)...soon we will have another life to care for.

This weekend is a chance to enjoy being pregnant...maternity photos are on Friday. I cannot wait for that...the photographer is a friend from high school, and her portraits are ah-maze-ing! Saturday will be a day of celebrating the anticipation of the arrival of Luke/Ella...a chance for family and friends to eat and be merry and celebrate a new life on the way into the world...and then...well...then it's just up to Luke/Ella to decide when to arrive. I've already started stalking weather websites for the 15 day forecasts...keeping an eye out for any amount of snow over 2 inches...once we hit the month of February and the weatherman says we might get more than 2 inches...we will be staying with my parents overnights...they are closer to the hospital, and have an easier "snow route" to the hospital than we have. So now that it's near I'm really starting to hate a winter due date...I just keep worrying about if it will be snowing when I'm supposed to be at the hospital...or if it will snow like crazy the day we go home...or if the snow will prevent people from coming to meet our little bundle of joy...I wish it were summer! Maybe, maybe we'll have great weather the week around the birth...but nothing is guaranteed in the mountains in February!

So here we are...six weeks or less. The anticipation of it all...the weather, the birth story, the gender, Savannah's reaction...it's all becoming too exciting to handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment