Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Humpy Dumpty...

Over the past week I have felt like Humpty Dumpty.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...

On Thursday I'm told I need surgery. On Friday I have surgery. On Saturday I do a little shopping and feel okay...until that night.

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall...

Then I panic. On Sunday I can't get out of bed. I don't want to go to church. I don't want to move. I finally make it church but sit in the car crying instead of going inside. I finally manage to go sit in the "crying room" to hear the service, but leave before anyone can see me. By Monday around noon we'd called the doctor 5 times. We finally spoke with my OBGYN, and she prescribed me an anti-anxiety and anti-depressant. I was hoping to start taking them Tuesday morning, but around dinner on Monday I just knew I needed to do something to help myself, so I started the medicine. Monday was also 2/28 - the due date for my first miscarriage.

All the King's horses and all the King's men...


This is where my story differs from the nursery rhyme. I will survive, I will be strong, I will get through this. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist on Friday, and I'm sure that will be tough. There were so many hardships that I faced in the past few weeks...it's all been very overwhelming...but the medicine is helping. I've gone to work for a bit, I've gone to Bible Study, I've gone to the store...and I have survived and not panicked. I can make it. My story will end differently.

DID put Humpty together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment