Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baby Update

I had my appointment yesterday afternoon...and of course the one scenario in which we wouldn't have a date or a plan is the one that happened. Luke/Ella is now in the correct position again, so now we just wait for labor. No dates are set, nothing is "for sure" going to happen. I'm thankful for a healthy baby and pregnancy...but it totally goes to prove this baby is more stubborn than I am (didn't even think that was possible!) and will give me grief forever!

I was dilated to 1cm still...and 50-60% effaced...and the fluid levels were a little lower this week (could tell due to the ultrasound confirming head down). All of this is good...baby is in position and has less ability to flip since the fluid isn't as full and fun for gymnastics anymore...my body is preparing for labor...now just to wait. I asked about stripping my membranes, but they said they won't do that until next week...so I have to wait. I'm ready though...and I feel like it really will happen in the next two weeks!

Now I'm starting to become super excited about finding out Luke or Ella...ever since yesterday I have been almost 100% convinced it's Luke. We didn't see anything on the ultrasound that would reveal gender, but I just have this feeling it's a boy. I told Carl that we must really, really not care boy or girl because we've had so many extra opportunities this time around to find out. We thought we wouldn't get another ultrasound after our 20 week scan in October...since then we'd seen our little one on the screen 4 times...and never once asked the doctor to check. We've been very specific to not look, and if they needed to see more of the baby to tell us to look away. We really can't wait for this amazing surprise!

I am hoping things begin soon...I'm ready...and bored...and just waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment