Friday, February 10, 2012

Four Weeks or Less!

I think I will be in a state of disbelief until I actually hold Luke/Ella. I just can't fathom that we will have two kids soon. I think Carl is thinking along the same lines too. Last night at dinner I was timing contractions (ultimately I decided on Braxton Hicks and being dehydrated from a busy day at work) and Carl said, "But it's too early!"...and it is a little early...but not by much. I'll be considered "full term" within the week. If my prediction of baby's arrival is right, it's only 19 days away! Less than 3 weeks!

I also want to just say it now for the record - I think I will deliver a baby boy, Luke, on February 29th. He'll be about 8 pounds. Honestly, if it is Ella in there, she will have fooled 85% of our family and friends. I can only think of four people who think girl...and everyone else I know already talks about this baby as if it is Luke.

So I started this blog to document all the ups and downs of parenthood after Savannah was born...and when I go back and read posts I think I've done a pretty good job...but right now, when you'd think I have all kinds of things buzzing around in my mind to say...I don't know how to describe anything. Of course I'm excited (incredibly!)...nervous...worried about the health of Luke/Ella...maybe a little sad that this could be the last pregnancy...but overall I just want to be holding this little one. I want to see and feel a real child. I'm anxious to know when it will be...I don't remember being this impatient when I was pregnant with Savannah...but the whole "anytime now" scenario does not suit me at all! Everyone thinks the hardest part would be the whole "boy or girl?" question. Not really. I know it will be one or the other and I will love him/her regardless...the hard part is when...it could be any one of the next 28 days! (Ugh - 28 days, really that doesn't seem long when I say it that way!!) At least with each passing day I can count one more day out as the "Birth Day"...

No comments:

Post a Comment