Thursday, February 18, 2010

Baby Love

Some days I feel so consumed with love for Savannah. It is this feeling that swells up throughout my entire body and I just feel so overwhelmed with love for her. Before you have children everyone tells you how it is a love that indescribable. I've been thinking about that recently.

I've decided it is a love that is indescribable, but only because every parent/child relationship is different. I love Savannah more than I had ever imagined, and I know Carl does too (those heartwarming times when Savannah "flies" around the house giggling in his arms is a strong indication of the love they share). I can tell you all kinds of things to describe the love I have for Savannah. My heart literally hurts when I can't be near her, the little smile I get when I come home from work is what brightens my mood in this awful weather, and the times she crawls over to me with Lovey just so she can sit in my lap and rest...they are just precious and very special. To me these are just some of the words that describe our love...but to you they may sound like very normal things...if you have kids (or when you do) you know that the love you share is unlike any other.

I really don't think it's possible for one set of parents to love their child more than another set of parents love their child. Every household is different, with different strategies to raise children, as well as different life situations.

So I've decided the love I have for Savannah is difficult to describe to others, but I can describe it very well to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment