Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear Snow, I Hate You - Go Away, Signed, Me.

This winter has just about ruined me. I have had to use 4-wheel drive to get home too many times. When I wake up to snow 90% of the time it is just unbelievably frustrating. I'm tired of the cold, wet, gray, blah of winter. I'm even tired of the people who tell me how beautiful it is. Yes, the snow is beautiful when you don't have to hurtle down the snow covered interstate at 70mph for 23 straight miles. Unfortunately for me this winter I am doing just that 5 out of the 7 days each week.

That brings me to the idea of the Olympics...and the poor man that passed away practicing for his sport. Where do the ideas for some of these winter sports come from? If I'm terrified to ride in my 4-wheel drive SUV on a snow covered road at 70mph, who in the world thought "I'm going to strap myself to this sled and ride down this ice luge at 90mph. - It will be delightfully fun." It isn't just the luge that is beyond belief for me. The downhill skiing looks just as terrifying to me, and I can't believe that the mogul skiing can be comfortable...the skier's knees just about hit the skier's chin every second. That has to be hard on the joints!

So as I'm surviving winter...barely...I am left to ask where do all these sports come from? Who are these crazy winter/snow lovers?! If any of them are in Hawaii right now - I will gladly exchange locations for 6 weeks!

1 comment: