Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowed In

It started snowing here on Friday afternoon...and it didn't stop until sometime today. My family and I are utterly snowed in. At first I hated the thought of more snow. I think I have had my fill of snow for the entire winter, and really it had better stop snowing for good soon. However, this particular snow fell on a weekend, and while there are a million things outside of the home that I should have done, there were none that had to be done.

This snow has allowed Carl and I to spend time at home with Savannah, and truly enjoy the time spent together. Our cable isn't working all that well, and the power has been going on and off...it has probably died and come back to life at least 25 times in the past 24 hours. This left us with pretty much nothing to do but clean, or craft, or read, or talk, or play with Savannah. In this house snowed in has also meant unplugged. I miss these kinds of days - the lazy days where no one has somewhere to go or something to do...so Old Man Winter isn't so bad today after all.


She really did enjoy the snow...as long as she wasn't touching it...


One of the rare pictures of her crying...or should I say screaming?

We also survived today with no baby food! Savannah had cream of wheat and biscuits for breakfast, and then a grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch, and chicken nuggets with bananas and broccoli for dinner. She did so well! I must think she eats a lot though because each meal I made way too much food for her. I guess there's a learning curve on this feeding thing. So my big girl eats just like a big girl now...9 weeks from today and she'll be a one-year-old.

Yes, being snowed in has been wonderful - I was able to enjoy a whole day focused on my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment