Monday, February 8, 2010

Unpredictable...

So I've discovered just what it is that I hate about winter and snow. The unpredictability. While I love a good spontaneous date here or there - I do not enjoy the weather causing my date nights to be spontaneously moved!

Being a parent inherently means being flexible...and for the most part I can handle that. It's when every other aspect in my life seems to be changing and spontaneously combusting that I have a problem. I dislike driving in the snow, I dislike not knowing if it is really going to snow, I dislike the snow changing plans, and I seriously dislike the fact that the snow has canceled Carl and I's date night twice.

Saturday is Pat's party! Hooray! But in order for a party to happen, I have to make it to the store at some point to buy the food. So unless the snow decides to once again change my plans - go ahead Winter, I dare you - our Saturday is looking to be quite busy...

7:30am - Wake up
9:00am - BabySplash (Savannah was bummed that it was canceled last week)
10:00am - Home for a quick nap for Savannah, and I will marathon clean...
12:00pm - Drop Savannah off at Grandma S's
12:30pm - Shop at Walmart, Sams, Target, BB&B, TJMaxx, Dollar Store
3:00pm - Be home in time to start cooking for Pat's party, any last minute cleaning
7:00pm - Pat's Party!

So Carl and I usually avoid restaurants on Valentine's Day, but we may just go for our date then...assuming it doesn't snow. I dream for the lazy weekends of summer...the basement will be done, and life will be a bit more predictable...at least on the weather side of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment