Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Baby Love

I love when I get home from work. It has become such a rewarding experience. Last night I taught at WVU, and in preparation for a test on Wednesday, a student asked me to stay late to answer a few questions...of course on the day I had been dying to go home and see Savannah.

As the garage door went up, Carl brought Savannah out to watch me pull into the garage. I think she didn't fully understand that I was in the car...but as soon as I got out she started jabbering and waving her arms around...she couldn't contain her excitement until I held her. She was most definitely visibly excited to see me. The rest of the evening we played together, and she got her bath, and was just content to sit with me. I know she misses me when I'm gone...and I miss her. Mondays seem to be the hardest though...right after a weekend full of fun.

She is growing though, and changing. Last night because I had missed her so, and she had so obviously missed me, I thought that after her bottle I'd just rock her to sleep so we both could get in a little cuddle time. Savannah was not having that. She instantly sat up and squirmed. So I gave in and put her in her crib...she rolled to her belly with lovey under her as a pillow and just sighed contentedly. She didn't want to be held, she wanted to sleep...she is growing up too fast for me. There are only 46 days left before her 1st birthday...I'm glad I'll be busy that day, otherwise I might just turn into a puddle of tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment